And no, keeping the door shut isn’t the best solution to a messy, disorganized closet, although it may give you moments of sanity that quickly disappear when you venture inside for that favorite pair of pants you haven’t seen in months.
Here are a few quick tips on cleaning and organizing your closet.
- Empty the closet. Take everything out. Put it in organized piles according to type, such as a pile of shoes, shirts, pants, sweaters, etc.
- Clean all surfaces in the closet. This means a bucket of soapy water and a sponge, some paper towels or cotton cloths. This is a good time to clean the walls, shelves, every surface you can reach.
- Inspect what needs to go back in. Take a close look at those piles of shoes, shirts, pants, sweaters, etc. Do you need all of them? Are there some items you might discard or donate to charity? Now’s the time!
- If you are a seasonal organizer, this could be an opportunity to store away, perhaps in a basement, items you won’t need for the near future.
- Restock the closet. Give this some thought. Hanging as many items as you can on thinner hangers saves space. Have areas in the closet where you keep items you wear more frequently and other areas for items that you wear occasionally.
- Consider garment organizers, which are helpful in keeping items separate for seasonal use, or for specific types of events, such as formal occasions. And remember the floor space, which can be used for shoe organizers.
Closets are very important real estate. Take advantage of them and keep them all neat, clean and organized. Imagine… going into a closet that doesn’t scare you as you select your favorite sweater to ward off a cold evening chill. Nice thought, right?
Just another helpful tips fromy Delta Carpet Cleaning in Berea, Ohio. Call today 216-939-8741.